Services listed below will be provided for up to six months from the date of release
On the day of release:
- Pick-up the person being released from the facility and transport them to Boston.
- Contact the proper registry officer and set up an appointment for the person to register with the SORB.
- Transport the person to the proper probation department to be fitted with a GPS unit, if required.
- Coordinate with your property officer to set an acceptable time and date to pick-up the person’s property.
- Assist with setting-up a bank account, if necessary.
- Facilitate entry to the shelter.
- Introduce them to their support team.
The following days:
- Help them activate their MassHealth.
- Set up medical appointments.
- Help them apply for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
- Help them apply for additional benefits they may be eligible for.
- Develop a realistic release plan in order to better facilitate their reintegration to the community.